The solution to off-loading pressure from any area of the plantar surface of the foot.
Built around a multi-purpose removable peg insole that effectively off-loads the plantar aspect of the foot, the Darco PegAssist® is the cost-effective solution you have been looking for.
The DARCO PegAssist® System features a multi-indication removable-peg chassis that effectively off‑loads the plantar aspect of the foot after surgery or when wounds are present.
Selective off-loading for:
- Plantar lesions
- Plantar ulcerations
- Pressure points
- Effective insole system for plantar off-loading in acute treatments
- Removable pegs allow for individual adjustments
- Used postoperatively or in acute treatments
- Enables off-loading of up to 50 %
- Designed to be worn on the left or right foot
Provides short-term pain management for patients suffering due to bony abnormalities (e.g. prominent metatarsal heads) or other painful conditions that may later be surgically corrected.
Watch the video: PegAssist® Insole
Off-loading Insoles – System for selective off-loading
- Constructed of an 18mm combination of Plastazote®, Poron® and multi-foam to provide the perfect combination of shock absorption and moldability.
- Pegs can be removed to off-load pressure from any area of the plantar surface of the foot.
- After peg removal, the Poron® cover remains intact to eliminate the incidence of ring oedema and to assist in supporting the area.
- The Peg Stabiliser Board adheres to the black side of the insole to keep pegs from collapsing and keep the off-loaded area intact.
- Pressure reduced by as much as 50% while allowing the patient to remain ambulatory.
- Removable toe cover helps to ensure that the forefoot remains clean, dry and free of foreign objects.
For Hi-Boot (Rocker Sole), HeelWedge® Healing Shoe, OrthoWedge Healing Shoe, Slimline® Cast Boot (Square Toe)
The above sizes do not include the removable toe cover.
For Black Medical-Surgical Shoe (Square Toe)