Heelift® Traction Boot provides an inventive method of applying skin traction to help stabilise femur fractures prior to surgery and to help prevent heel pressure ulcers after surgery.
- Stabilising pre-surgical fractures
- Preoperative Traction boot
- Used postoperatively and for the suspension of the heel for bed-redden, high risk patients
- Removable traction bar and rope: Holds up to ten pounds straight skin traction and is easily removed post surgery.
- Extended stitching: Located along the top rim, the added stitching narrows the forefoot and increases support to provide improved protection against foot drop, equines deformity, or heel cord contracture.
- “Easy-on, Easy-off” hook and loop straps: Easy to use, the soft straps can be adjusted to accommodate the patient’s specific needs.
- Friction-free tricot backing: The smooth tricot backing aids in patient mobility and helps ensure patient safety.
- Tricot covered stiffener: This feature prevents Heelift Traction from buckling for added patient comfort and safety.
After surgery, the side traction straps, traction bar, and rope can be removed, converting the Traction Boot into a Heelift® Suspension Boot to help prevent pressure ulcers.