Heelift® Standard Suspension Boot has long set the bar for heel pressure ulcer prevention and treatment. Heelift effectively eliminates pressure from the heel by offloading all pressure from the heel and redistributing the pressure to the calf, preventing the development of heel pressure ulcers. A gentle cradling and cushioning of the lower leg with the heel elevated in protective space reduces the chances for irritation or pressure points.
Heelift® Standard Suspension Boot offers the following features:
|Extended stitching: Located along the top rim, the added stitching narrows the forefoot and increases support to provide improved protection against foot drop, equines deformity, or heel cord contracture.|
|“Easy-on, Easy-off” hook and loop rounded straps: Easy to use, the soft straps can be adjusted to accommodate the patient’s specific needs.|
|Friction-free tricot backing: Unlike other suspension products, which can have sharp edges on the back that can rub against the patient’s other leg, Heelift® is manufactured with a smooth tricot backing that aids in patient mobility and helps ensure patient safety.|
- Two types of foam: Heelift® Standard is available in smooth foam or in convoluted foam. The smooth foam interior finish is ideal for patients with edematous legs as it will not create “impressions” on the leg. The convoluted foam interior finish is slightly cooler to wear.
- Ventilation holes: Ventilation holes provide additional air circulation to promote increased patient comfort. Heelift is 40% lighter than pillow-style boots.
- Tricot covered stiffener: This feature prevents Heelift® from buckling for added patient comfort and safety.
- Forefoot support: Spring back technology helps to keep the foot upright.
- Washable/Autoclavable: Like other Heelift® products, Heelift® can be washed safely in a net or mesh laundry bag and can be autoclaved for sterility. For more information visit our instructions page.
View the Heelift® Suspension Boot video
|Calf Circumference||20 cm – 36 cm||15 cm – 25 cm||30 cm – 58 cm|
|Height range||152 cm – 196 cm||111 cm – 163 cm||165 cm – 203 cm|
|Weight Rsnge||54 kilo – 113 kg||32 kilo – 50 kg||100 kilo – 271 kg|
- Prevention and treatment of heel pressure ulcers
- Patients suffering from large / small vessel disease
- Diabetic foot syndrome and decubitus
- Braden pressure-sore risk scale of 17 points or less
- Sedentary diabetic patients with neurological sensory deficit
- Foot pulse not palpable
- Prolonged immobility or coma
Use of Heelift® Standard Suspension Boot, together with a scheduled turning of the patient, careful monitoring, and other prevention procedures, has been clinically proven to help reduce heel pressure prevalence over time.