heel up® products are user-specific and disposable with an ergonomic design that provides good stability. The external layer is made of soft, flexible, heat and moisture absorbent non-woven material, which makes the heel up® comfortable to wear.
- Simple to use: the heel up® is inflated before use, the inflation levels and fastening can be adjusted to suit the patient’s anatomy, comfort and needs
- Single patient and single-use ensures that optimum hygiene levels are maintained
- The heel up® is manufactured using a four layer material. Two inner layers are made from polyethylene film. The two outer layers are made from a combined polyethylene and polypropylene non-woven material that is skin friendly and moisture absorbent
- The heel up® is shaped with a deepening for the Achilles tendon and to a height that supports the foot
- Even with the slightest movement, the heel-up® will stimulate the microcirculation of the skin, which optimises circulation
- The heel up® off-loads the heel for the prevention and treatment of heel pressure ulcers. It is designed to be used when bedbound patients need comfortable pressure relief
- Available in clean, sealed and slim packaging and comes in a space saving dispensing box of 12
- Includes an oral inflation device, with manual and electronic pumps also available for sale separately
- Designed, tested manufactured in Denmark in accordance with ISO 10993-10 skin irritation and sensitisation
- The heel up® comes with a 3 year use by-date from the date of manufacture
- The heel up® has been successfully tested with a weight pressure of 150 kg over a period of 14 days
- Clinical case studies for the heel up® have been undertaken by the manufacturer Levabo in conjunction with Odense University Hospital in Copenhagen.
Please note that these products are not DARCO devices. They are distributed by A.Algeo Ltd on behalf of V-M Orthotics Ltd and manufactured by Levabo.
Available in 6 different sizes, intended for use in the following conditions:
- Kids – available in 2 sizes – Extra-Small and Small (15cm and 20 cm) – for bed bound children and adolescents
- Short – for patients in wheelchairs
- Medium – designed for use by bed bound patients only, comes with a red strap for supporting the heel up under the patient’s knee
- Long – designed for use by bed bound patients only, comes with a blue strap for supporting the heel up under the patient’s knee. The long version ensures even pressure and support on the lower leg up to the knee
- Max – designed to give complete heel relief for those likely to be in bed for longer due to its increased air chamber thereby giving total off-loading.The device is shaped to fit the Achilles tendon with a height that supports the foot. It has a slightly longer heel-toe height of 30cm, for those with larger feet. It comes with a blue strap for supporting the lower leg under the knee.
|Description||Dimensions (l,w,d)||Product Code|
|heel up® kids (15cm)||25cm x 15cm x 11cm||HUKXS|
|heel up® kids (20cm)||33cm x 20cm x 14cm||HUKS|
|heel up® short||32cm x 25 cm x 18cm||HU1|
|heel up® medium||39cm x 25cm x 18cm||HU2|
|heel up® long||48cm x 25cm x 18cm||HU3|
|heel up® max||50cm x 30cm x 18cm||HU4|
The heel up® comes in a space-saving dispensing box containing 12 units. However, you can order whatever quantity you choose. For more information please ring for details or email us email@example.com.
“We have used a number of heelups® within ICU, with the physio and nursing staff reporting positive feedback. They are easy to use, and our tissue viability team are much happier with the surface cover compared with other products. We’ve had no issues with skin integrity when using the heelups®. We have tended to use the medium and large sizes finding these the most appropriate for our patients.”Allaina Eden, Physiotherapy Service Lead for Critical Care, Cardiothoracic Surgery and Cardiology, Papworth Hospital
“We have been using heel up® for a number of months and successfully reduced acquired pressure damage to zero! It is not only how we managed to prevent pressure acquired damage but how patients feel about the product. Our patients’ cohort are very complex, as either undergone too lengthy procedure >15hours surgery with consequent prolonged stay in critical care units, or palliative and end-of-life, presenting lymphorrhea, Paediatric and Young adults, among others, all requiring high level of care, prevention and management; heel up® has put together in one product, all characteristics we were hoping: patient comfort, absorbent material (avoiding moisture acquired damage) and controlling damage acquired on lymphoedema patients, easy to use, single patient use – approved by Infection Control Team, can be used with Flowtron Therapy, extremely cost-effective, excellent customer service with company who kindly provided training and support to our hospitals. So far we’ve been very happy with the range and not looking to change to other product any time soon.”Teresa Rocha, Tissue Viability Clinical Nurse Specialist, The Royal Marsden Hospital NHS Foundation Trust:
“The heel up® range was well received by the wards that we trialled on. They are made of soft white material which patients commented was preferable to the non-disposable plastic alternatives. During the trial those patients who used the heel up® did not develop new pressure damage, and those who had damage present either improved or remained stable. The product was felt to be easy to use, and we were well supported by V-M Orthotics with all our education/resource needs. Overall we felt this was a clinically acceptable cost effective solution, and we were happy to begin the process of adding it to the equipment we use in our trust”. Delilah Rooney, Tissue Viability Specialist Nurse, University Hospitals Bristol:
Pressure Offloading Test Results
Illustrating heel pressure mapping with the patient lying supine – images left to right show patient without devices, with a right heel up® and with a pair being worn and no heel pressure being evident.