Elbowlift Suspension Pad (View the video) protects the sensitive olecranon and olecranon bursa from friction burns and contusions by elevating and cushioning the elbow in smooth foam. Elbowlift helps prevent pressure ulcers, pressure sores, olecranon bursitis, ulnar neuritis, and other skin injuries.
Elbowlift Suspension Pad benefits patients who are bedridden or who spend time in a wheelchair. The bony prominence at the elbow can make this area susceptible to pressure sores, contusions, and friction burns.
In addition to using Elbowlift, the following action items can help protect the olecranon and the olecranon bursa:
- Use a lift sheet, transfer board, or a lifting device when moving patients across any surface
- Remove elbow and heel protectors every eight hours to inspect the skin
- Use transparent adhesive dressings or sprays to provide a protective “second skin”
- Keep bed linens smooth and wrinkle-free and remove foreign objects from the bed (ex. crumbs)
- For the prevention of sores, wounds or friction burns on the elbow
- Protection and prevention of sores for bed-redden high risk patients
- One size fits all
- Machine washable at 60 degrees centigrade and easily dryable
- Adjustable hook-and-loop strap wraps around the outside to keep the pad in place
- Smooth, low-friction backing improves patient movement
- Centre hole allows for patient comfort and acts as a guide for elbow placement
Elbowlift can also serve patients suffering from ulnar neuritis (cubital tunnel syndrome). Padding the ulnar nerve can provide relief from the aching and tingling associated with this condition.