Meet our latest member of the DARCO range of diabetic and wound care devices. The Body Armor® Heel Reliever – for the effective prevention and treatment of heel pressure ulcers and diabetic foot syndrome or decubitus.
Fully customisable to meet the needs of the individual. One size fits all. Its wrap over capability means that both narrow or wider calves (circumference 25-54 cm) can easily be accommodated. Available in two internal finishes – smooth or convoluted. The extra-long calf pad allows the heel to ‘float’ freely and prevents hyperextension of the knee.
The extra long foot section accommodates both small and larger feet. The positioning wedge which also comes with the device, counteracts hip rotation, while the heel opening facilitates easy visual checking to ensure that the heel is correctly offloaded and allows circulation of air.
The Body Armor® Heel Reliever (BAHR) can be worn on the left or right leg and caters for those up to a shoe size 13 plus.
Special provision is made to ensure maximum comfort when wearing the device through soft rounded foam edges and corners. The smooth underside allows the leg to move freely on the bed. Cleaning and care of the BAHR is easy as it can be washed at 60 degrees in the mesh laundry bag that also comes with the device package. Please click on the image below to view the product video.
- The new DARCO Body Armor® Heel Reliever
- DARCO takes part in this year’s 1st virtual EWMA event
- Business as usual during these far from usual times – our response to the latest COVID-19 global situation
- DARCO announces the launch of the new Relief Dual® Plus Off-loading Shoe
- DARCO launches their new open healing shoe – Commodus Open®