DARCO launches their new open healing shoe – Commodus Open®
In recent times DARCO have been asked about the need for a therapeutic shoe that leaves the forefoot area as free as possible. In response to this request, we have developed a healing shoe that allows the patient safe mobility without any external pressure on the forefoot. The Commodus Open® thus complements our portfolio in the field of wound care as a fast and economic solution in postoperative and diabetic foot care, with emphasis on the forefoot area. The name Commodus Open® is derived from the Latin word “commodus” meaning: appropriate, functional, fitting, suitable, comfortable, light, able to adapt something.
Please contact us if you would like to receive a free of charge sample which we would be very happy to provide. In return we simply request some brief feedback in the form of a testimonial for future marketing purposes.
Due to its open design, the Commodus Open® is particularly suitable for the treatment of
post-operative wounds and lesions located medially at the MTP1 joint, laterally at the
MTP V joint and in the entire dorsal and plantar forefoot. The Commodus Open® is
designed to stabilise the foot and provides shock and pressure redistribution after
surgery or other wounds.
- Lesions medial at the MTP I joint, lateral at the MTP V joint and the entire dorsal and plantar forefoot area
- For wound care
- For postoperative care
- Open fractures
Click here for further information about this new DARCO device.
Please note that this device is currently only available as a special order product. Please contact us if you would like to receive a free of charge sample.
- Our 2021 Catalogue is now available
- DARCO takes part in this year’s 1st virtual EWMA event
- Business as usual during these far from usual times – our response to the latest COVID-19 global situation
- DARCO announces the launch of the new Relief Dual® Plus Off-loading Shoe
- DARCO launches their new open healing shoe – Commodus Open®